Friday, March 6, 2009

Don't Quit!

What the heck am I doing? I'm not cut out for this.  This is not for me.  There's plenty of other things I could be doing where my talent's would be more suitable and certainly more recognized and rewarded. I'm wasting my time.  I'm not helping anyone.  I thought this would grow faster.  I'm so tired of everyone else not doing anything.  Why are so many people dropping out.  I'd fire their butts if they really worked for me or if I was really paying them anything.  They say they need to make money, yet they don't seem to introduce people.  They cant seem to sign up anyone.  Why can't they even call me back?...     STOP! STOP! STOP! Just stop that talk right now and STOP IT FOR GOOD! Quiet that little voice in side your head or at least don't listen to the negative talk.

You will never make it in this business if this is what's going through your head on a regular basis.  You have to determine right now that you will not quit.  Just like Winston Churchhill said "Never give up, never ever give up." In order to never give up you must understand going into this that the odds are stacked against you.  If you were just looking at odds however; then you probably would not have chosen to get into this industry in the first place.  But you did and that's because  you believe in yourself, no, even better than that, you know you can do it. Of course you can, you've seen some of the other people that have done it and are making gobs of money.  "If they can do it, I can do it" went through  your head at some point in time.  Well truth is, I believe you can too, no, I know you can. But first you must understand the facts because understanding the facts will keep your "little voice" that screams all those negative lines that we identified a moment ago more silent, or at least you will know not to listen to it.

Here's a fact.  The Direct Selling Association statistics say that 2/3 of the people you hire, sign up or enroll will be gone in the first 90 days.   That's right! Vanished.  That means 2 out of every 3 people will disappear within their first 90 days, and that is exactly what happens.  They go on an MIA list, they are literally missing in action.  I'm warning you right now this will include your friends.  Friends that you thought would be awesome at this, will just fade away, never to be heard from again, at least not in the context of your business.  I know the powerful manner in which some of them originally sign up, claiming "this is fantastic, were going to make millions" "dude I'm totally doing this with you" but they just disappear... "and then they were gone"... 

Another statistic says that of those that are crazy enough to stick around the majority of them only hire, enroll or sign up 2 other people.  That's right just 2 so don't get all discouraged when not everyone is a recruiting machine and love those that put in just 2. 

These two little facts generally have nothing to do with you and,  as unfortunate as it may be, are simply human nature.  Understanding them however will save you tremendous discouragement and frustration.  Oh, you will still get frustrated, but it won't be as bad because you will understand that it's part of the game.  In spite of these facts you can still create a tremendous income in this business because there will be those that duplicate you, you just need to keep looking.

Nobody told me this when I got in the business and as a result I thought I was failing.  I figured it must be something I'm doing wrong or not doing right.  There may certainly be those things as well but at least understanding these two statistics gave me permission to deal with the results a little differently than I did at first.  There are huge benefits to understanding this.  The biggest benefit being it will help to keep you engaged in the game longer which will increase your odds of success.  

So, never give up, never ever give up. Make the decision not to quit when  you first get in and then keep it when everyone else is giving up.  When you really think about it, the reality for someone to be successful in this business, silly as it sounds, they must either be crazy, stupid or determined. 

Your not crazy and your not stupid but by understanding the facts you can be determined and should be because you owe it to yourself and those you love to succeed in this wonderful industry.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog... Following it will give me strength to continue as well. The interesting thing is that this is one of the few things you can succeed at, make it work, and still be looked down upon by people in traditional business! That is something I love about it... built in humility, the requirement of helping others to succeed in order to do so yourself, and more. I love how this blog makes you accountable NOT to quit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Sean, I recently saw a video that goes perfect with this, check it out: http://www.andrewjamesinc.com/ideas/motivation/no-excuses/

    ReplyDelete